About Wiltshire SENDIASS
Special educational needs and disability, information, advice and support services (SENDIASS) are statutory services which provide information, advice and support to parents and carers of children and young people 0-25 who have, or may have, special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities, and young people themselves.
Our experienced team, based in Trowbridge, provides this individual support in a number of ways:
- We can discuss your views and concerns and support you to express them in writing. We can also facilitate meetings with school or the Local Authority.
- We can help you to understand your rights in terms of SEND legislation.
- We can assist you with forms, letter writing, and looking through reports and other paperwork in relation to your child’s education.
- We can support you around My Support Plans, My Plans (Education Health and Care Plans), and Annual Reviews. We can also advise around personal budgets and home schooling.
- We can support you around the Appeals process and around mediation or tribunal.
- We can facilitate meetings with Education Officers to try and resolve issues before mediation and tribunal.
- We can signpost you to other services and organisations including the Wiltshire Parent Carer Council (WPCC) who may be able to support you, and talk to you about the Local Offer. We work closely with the WPCC to ensure parents and young people are given the opportunity to share their collective experiences to positively impact on decisions about local SEND services.
- We can support you if your child is being excluded and has a Special Educational Need and/or disability.
Children and young people aged 0-25 and their families
How are services accessed?
Professional and self referrals
Whitehorse Business Park