About KIDS WISA
KIDS WISA (Wiltshire Independent Support and Advice) is the SENDIAS service for Wiltshire. We offer free, independent and neutral information on Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities (SEND), and can give guidance to help young people with SEND and their parents/carers to make appropriate and informed choices relating to education, health and social care.
Our experienced team, based in Trowbridge, provides this individual support in a number of ways:
- We can discuss your views and concerns and support you to express them in writing. We can also facilitate meetings with school or the Local Authority.
- We can help you to understand your rights in terms of SEND legislation.
- We can assist you with forms, letter writing, and looking through reports and other paperwork in relation to your child’s education.
- We can support you around My Support Plans, My Plans (Education Health and Care Plans), and Annual Reviews. We can also advise around personal budgets and home schooling.
- We can support you around the Appeals process and around mediation or tribunal.
- We can facilitate meetings with Education Officers to try and resolve issues before mediation and tribunal.
- We can signpost you to other services and organisations including the Wiltshire Parent Carer Council (WPCC) who may be able to support you, and talk to you about the Local Offer. We work closely with the WPCC to ensure parents and young people are given the opportunity to share their collective experiences to positively impact on decisions about local SEND services.
- We can support you if your child is being excluded and has a Special Educational Need and/or disability.
Children and young people aged 0-25 and their families
How are services accessed?
Parental referral or referral from schools or other organisations
Whitehorse Business Park