Helping Victims of Domestic Violence
About Helping Victims of Domestic Violence (HVDV)
We are an organisation based in Wiltshire providing practical support to families, individuals (male and female), young people and children who have experienced domestic violence and their associated issue.
Our organisation aims to reduce their suffering and promote their health and wellbeing by helping them sustain independence and take back control of their lives.
We provide services for victims of domestic violence:
- We provide emergency items e.g. Clothes, nappies or any items a family may need as soon as they leave a domestic violence relationship.
- While in the refuge we can provide a buddy service along with any support that is required.
- Once the victim is out of the refuge we help to provide furniture and household items to get the victim on their feet with a view to helping them to gain independence and to help them gain confidence in themselves.
- We are able to continue the buddy service and to help form fill to make sure all benefit entitlements are met.
- We run a Christmas shoe box appeal to help all families in refuge with a Christmas box at Christmas.
- We also signpost to other agencies that can help with any support that we are not able to offer.
How are services accessed?
Via a referral form by email or over the telephone (not by post).
Unit 6, The Granary,